Although we always try to plan our meals out in advance sometimes we forget something at the grocery store. We were planning on making flatbread pizza when we realized we didn’t have any flatbread. Thankfully we had some extra tortillas. Pizza is extremely versatile and customizable.
1. Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450°. (If you don’t have a pizza stone I highly recommend making the investment in one, it really makes a difference with the crispness of your pizza.)
Roasted Red Pepper
Tomato Basil Sauce
2. Put everything together on the tortilla, minus the arugula (it will be added after the ‘pizza’ cooks).
3. Put a dash of cornmeal on a pizza peal and place the tortilla pizza on top (this will help it slide onto the pizza stone). If you don’t have a pizza peal a flat cookie sheet with some corn meal would work as well.
4. Let the pizza cook for 7-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want the crust to be.
5. Add arugula to the top of the pizza and serve immediately.
We are always finding new creative ways to cook in the kitchen, sometimes forgetting something at the grocery store opens a new door for new ideas.